Well, the Master Key Experience season has come to an end, I even attended the live event this year (live virtual that is). And I have a few ‘afterthoughts’ – at least that’s what I calling them. Mostly random things, but with the common thread of the MKE linking it all together.
- Speaking of the Live Event, it was excellent! I loved that we had new speakers. Not that Mark and Davene aren’t great, it’s just that there is a lot of talent within the Training Solutions team. I would say that some was a repeat (maybe I needed to hear it more than once). But I also got some big aha moments! The big one was in regards to my ‘one thing’ – but more on that later. Of course I was disappointed that I didn’t get to go to Kauai, and didn’t get to hug my Master Key friends; but we were able to create a special environment for learning and sharing.
- Book Studies! Almost, but not quite overwhelming. I wouldn’t have chosen to do all at once, but they came up at the same time, so I am doing them. First, finishing Scroll 10 of ‘The Greatest Salesman in the World’ – which we started last fall. This is my third time reading it this way, that being three-times daily readings. The next book we started to study is “Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude” which I am doing with a group as a book study web-meeting every two weeks. And then there’s “The Kybalion” which I had missed last year so I really wanted to read it this year. Also there are web-meetings for this book study, but I have made a choice not to attend all those live. I was also going to read the Wallace Wattles trilogy, but I think I had better put that off for a bit. My fourth book study is my own fault, I guess, which leads me to my next point.
- About two years ago, I read “The Greatest Salesman in the World – Part Two” and was so inspired I shared that with a friend, who is a mastermind partner (Day Boswell). She suggested that we share this with the Master Key Experience community. So we did that last year with, yes, another book study. And we just started our second year, including book study web-meetings every two weeks, led by Day and myself. Is all of this a good idea? Maybe. I do believe that the people who want or need each of these books will be the ones to participate.
- Enough of books, right? I do want to share my aha from the Live Event. There are a few different exercises we do in the Master Key Experience to enhance our journey.
- One is the Colour Code personality style assessment. My “colour” is “White,” and my core motive is “Peace”.
- Another is an exercise called “Finding Your Purpose” in which you come up with a two word description of what your purpose is. Mine: “Creative Explorer.”
- Early in the Master Key Experience course we learn about something called “Personal Pivotal Needs” and choose two from a list of seven. Mine: “Liberty” and “Recognition for Creative Expression.”
- At some point in the course, Mark talks about the “One Thing” – you can see Jack Palance explain this in the movie “City Slickers.” Basically, there is one thing in this world that you are meant to do. Curly (Jack) says to Mitch (Billy Crsytal): “One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and the rest don’t mean shit.” Mitch replies: “But, what is the “one thing?” Curly smiles and points his finger at Mitch. “That’s what you have to find out,” he says. Well, during the live event, I believe I found my “One Thing” – I believe mine is “To Inspire,” specifically to inspire other people to live their own Hero’s Adventure. (More on Hero’s Journey here)
- Then I thought, what if I put them all together, in a kind of Venn Diagram. The point where my core motive, my two words, and my personal pivotal needs all converge and overlap – that is where my One Thing resides. And if all those are in harmony, I live my life on purpose, and it becomes easy to decide what to do – does it support my Circles of Purpose? (I made up a name for my diagram)
And what’s next? Well, I have taken on one more thing with Master Key Experience. I am an Intern Guide for the next incoming MKE students. I am a bit nervous, but I know I have support and it actually fits in my Circles of Purpose!
Plus I have a book idea, but that is a story for another day:)
Buen Camino, Ultreia!