When I first saw Lesson 17HJ, I wondered what the HJ stood for, and where were A through G? Then as soon as the webinar started, I realized it stool for Hero’s Journey. Makes perfect sense. Plus, it was the perfect message for me to hear at the perfect time, plus with some unassigned sitting time, time to get in touch with what is important. Wow! Just what I needed.
Listening to the webinar replay (I worked this weekend), I realized that I am in the right place at the right time. So this is really a continuation of last week’s blog (MKE WEEK 17- Doubt the doubts), as I am continuing to question those doubts and limitations. Plus I found the quote I was missing last week:
We cannot obtain what we lack if we tenaciously cling to what we have. Charles Haanel, Master Key 15:5.
And Mark and the gang in the webinar talked about the monkey with the banana. I AM that monkey! I would rather be the hero. And I am, really – but I am resisting the call to adventure! Why?
The guides say we have 3 choices:
- Return to the known. I think it’s too late for that, now that I have had a glimpse of what is possible.
- Attach to feeling unstable and confused. Bingo, that’s me!
- Proceed with the Hero’s Journey. I do want to get there. First I must grieve and let go of my past and my comfort zone.
I am NOT willing to give up this journey, I know that it is important to move forward. Where am I in the stages of death?
- Denial – Maybe I am denying that I have to give up the “Old Me” to become the “New Me”. The Old Me is pretty nice, I like Old Me.
- Anger – I have a little of this also. Why is it that so many people don’t even consider these questions, they are just happy as they are and don’t want to change. That makes me a little angry. One one hand I want to be like that – just satisfied. On the other, I want them to want more. Crazy.
- Grief – Do I need to ditch my old DMP and start over, or just grieve and get over the fear of changing. I like the thought of holding a funeral to say goodbye to what I’m hanging on to. That sounds like a good thing to try this week.
- Acceptance – With the help of this amazing community, I will reach this stage.
So this week helped me to understand where I am at and ‘sort of’ what’s holding me back. Or did it just give me more to consider? I need to do some more work to sort it all out, though. In the meantime, I am hanging in there, working to embrace the unknown, moving forward ‘as if’.