Three part blog today:
- How my morning sit exercise is evolving
- The fun of writing a press release
- Attending a personal development course and NOT having an opinion.
1. So first, the morning sit. I seem to be both making progress and losing ground. A couple weeks ago when we just opened our mind and relaxed I could feel power surging through me, centered in the solar plexus. It was very intense! And that feeling stayed with me for much of the day on a toned down scale, at least when I wasn’t preoccupied with life. This week the feelings haven’t been as intense, and the exercise has been a bit more challenging. The first couple of days I pictured a scene from a trip to the mountains a couple of years ago. While it was a glorious view and I felt truly thankful and almost overwhelmed with awe at the beauty of nature, this was not quite the scene I needed for this exercise. I think in part because at the time of the trip I did not feel at my peak physically.
Then I thought about Mark’s story of his day with Chelsea, and the perfect memory came to mind. This spring, after walking 800 km across Spain on pilgrimage with my daughter Rachel; we traveled to Finisterre, the “End of the Earth”. That was the perfect day – walking out to the lighthouse, the sky a perfect blue, the sound of the waves and the seagulls, the smell of the ocean, being there with my beloved daughter – we had such a strong bond (still do) after walking together for 36 days. We didn’t talk much, but we both felt an incredible sense of peace, contentment, and completion. So for yesterday and today, I used this memory and programmed it into the holo-deck of my mind. It was wonderful – it brought back those feelings and even a tear to my eye (a tear of joy). I have to say I totally look forward to my morning routine.
2. I wasn’t sure how the Press Release would go, and was thinking who could interview me. I am not an Oprah fan, and don’t watch many TV interviews. I was considering some fictional news reporter, maybe Rita Skeeter or Perd Happly (not sure if you recognize those names). Then a message came to me from my inner knowing, guardian angel, or higher power? (I am just starting to be acquainted with this entity) – that I already have the answer, the perfect vehicle. This spring, my company started to produce “Think Bigger” interviews, where the host (Norbert Oberhauser – yes that is real) interviews top earners with my company. They are very motivating and inspiring, so I thought – why not me? Of course I am NOT interview material at present, but by the time I achieve everything on my DMP I sure will be. So I went with it, and it was so much fun! The ideas flowed, I really started to FEEL it! And using the company’s platform for this made it even more real to me. Plus it was fantastic to forget about the 400 word limit. But I ran out of time to complete it last night, had none today as the blog took priority, so it is only partially done. I WILL finish it, but possibly not until the weekend. If you read it now, come back later – I even plan to put my own picture in there along with Norbert. And sometime in the not too distant future I plan to meet Norbert and tell him about this exercise. You can check out my Press Release HERE – be sure to scroll to the end to see my DIY interview photo.
3. A while ago I signed up for a personal development workshop, “Business Brilliance”, led by someone I know and respect, who is a coach, author and speaker. I was really looking forward to it, I thought: “I will learn something from her, and maybe be motivated to take action on my business.” Then I started with the Master Key Experience and started to think: “What if what Debra teaches is not compatible with MKE? What if I just get confused and then totally freeze up? What if…?” Too many limiting thoughts, yikes! And then to make it worse, this week we were told NOT to have an opinion!! How can I attend something where I have to share and participate and NOT have an opinion?
Well, I didn’t have to worry about the content – Debra is not teaching the same content as MKE, but it IS compatible, I am learning something, and I believe at the end (tomorrow) I will have action steps to move forward with. We are even making a Vision Board which I am making totally in line with my DMP – one more message to the subby!
The NO OPINION thing is a bit more challenging. I seem to have a lot of opinions – who knew? So every time I open my mouth to speak, I try to ask myself “is that an opinion?” Lots are still sneaking by, but at least I am more aware of it. And one BIG benefit – I have been more open to learning. Instead of thinking about my opinion and how I already know thus and such, and I should add to what she is saying – I think: “that’s interesting, what can I learn from that?” At least I am working on it. Not perfect. But growing, improving, learning – letting my light shine!